‘New Toys’ here at New Horizons Dive Centre!
Intova Edge X
Intova’s long history of producing waterproof action cameras culminates with the EDGE X. The Edge X is a new and improved version of its predecessor the Sport HD, with better quality, better features, better controls and much better look & feel. All for just £259
- sharp 1080p video at 60fps, as well as 12MP still images.
- Rubber armored housing – with waterproof rating down to 100m
- Flat optical-glass lens port with water-repellant & anti-reflection coating
- Super-wide-angle lens at 160 degrees
- Digital Zoom: 60x, 16x, 10x or 4x
- WiFi: remote operation, viewfinder, and wireless file transfer on smartphone with WiFi app
- Rechargeable/Removable Li-ion battery 1150mAh
- Diving Mode
- Manual White Balance
- High Definition TV output
Aqualung Pro HD
Aqualung is at it again! They have just released a new BCD, the PRO HD and what a fantastic one it is! One of the biggest features of this BCD is the ResisteK material that holds up to the harsh environments of salt and chlorinated water while retaining its good looks. If you are tough on your gear, new to diving or just fancy a new BCD this would be the BCD for you! And what a great price! Just £310!
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is simple as insert and “click”.
- Technologically advanced ResisteK material resist fading and abrasion.
- Large, easy to access zipper utility pockets on each side.
- Traction pad to reduce the tank from slipping.
- Knife attachment points.
- Right shoulder pull dump easy to locate and use.
- 5 stainless steel D-ring
Suunto Eon Steel
Love it Love it Love it!!! I wasn’t sure when it first came into the shop – it looked a bit big and quite heavy compared to my D4i, but, after taking it out for a spin at Capernwray I couldn’t say more about it! Firstly, its so easy! At the moment I have 4 custom screens to suit me as a diver and Instructor – they took about 5 minuets to set up and are easy to change if you want to. It is so bright and clear underwater and would be fantastic on deeper UK dives or when in low viability. Once your in the water you don’t really notice the size and obviously not the weight! If your looking for a new computer or maybe just to treat yourself I would definitely recommend the Eon Steel, or pop in and see mine! I would be happy to show you – Rachael NHDC. The Suunto Eon Steel is £795 and the POD is £250
- Wide viewing angle Suunto BrightSeeTM colour display
- CustomdisplayTM allows user to customize display via DM5
- Air, Nitrox, Trimix and Gauge enabled
- Up to 8 open circuit gases
- Digital compass
- Logbook capacity – 200 hours
- Brushed stainless steel and toughened composite case construction
Beuchat MED C-ZIP 7/8mm Wetsuit
This new overall-class wetsuit, with an attached hood, represent a new generation of scuba diving wetsuits. The Med C-Zip is a hybrid (hybrid concept) between scuba diving wetsuit, semi-dry suit and surfing wetsuit. It has the comfort of a wetsuit but with a water entry limitation close to the semi-dry suit, in order to keep maximum warmth and a movement’s liberty close to the surfing wetsuit.
As it has a frontal G-Lock zip, the Med C-Zip has lower water entry. The position of the zip on the chest avoids discomfort and facilitates forwards movements. At the amazing price of £249
- Full-width elbow-level front zip enables
- New Beuchat cut specially designed to offer a flexible and comfortable suit with liquid PU covered seams
- Enhanced water tightness thanks to a semi-dry zip combined with the 3 mm Elaskin inner shell and liquid seal on the seams
- Interior made entirely of Fireskin 2 for optimum thermal protection
- Easy access and handling for your own gear and your partners’
- Soft polar lining offers a high degree of comfort
- 360° one-piece face seal for improved comfort, water tightness and durability
- Easy Wave System inner seal on forearms and shins
- Knee reinforcements made of two-layers of hard-wearing PU
- Hood with printed photoluminescent trim
For more information on any of these new gadgets give us a call or pop in!