Manufacturer’s leaflets all advise that BCDs should be serviced regularly.
A service will cover the following:
- Checking pull cord, straps and cam band for damage or fraying
- Checking buckles and clips for cracking and wear
- Servicing inflator and direct hose feed quick release connector
- Cleaning inside the bag with a fungicide / bacterial cleaner
- Cleaning or replacement of the direct feed probe and its filter
- Cleaning the overpressure and dump valves, replacing seals as necessary
- Leak testing the bag, the non-return valves and all connections
The cost of a BCD service is typically £20-£25 plus parts, if needed.
We normally require two weeks to service BCDs.
If you have an urgent need then please ask, if we can’t meet your requested time-scales then we will tell you.
If you have any questions or require further information, please telephone the service centre on 0161 480 5745 or call in to the dive centre.