Manufacturer’s leaflets all advise that BCDs should be serviced regularly.
A service will cover the following:
- Checking pull cord, straps and cam band for damage or fraying
- Checking buckles and clips for cracking and wear
- Servicing inflator and direct hose feed quick release connector
- Cleaning inside the bag with a fungicide / bacterial cleaner
- Cleaning or replacement of the direct feed probe and its filter
- Cleaning the overpressure and dump valves, replacing seals as necessary
- Leak testing the bag, the non-return valves and all connections
The cost of a BCD service is typically £20-£25 plus parts, if needed.
We normally require two weeks to service BCDs.
If you have an urgent need then please ask, if we can’t meet your requested time-scales then we will tell you.