PADI Equipment Specialty
The Equipment Specialty is a non diving programme designed to familiarise divers with the care, maintenance and selection of their dive equipment. This is a classroom only course giving you the opportunity to handle different types of equipment. Practical activities also include assembly of a spare parts kit, care and maintenance of dive suits, stripping and cleaning masks and the functioning parts of a regulator.
This PADI certification will enable you to look after your equipment and counts towards your Master Scuba Diver rating.
The course consists of a day in the classroom learning about Scuba gear and includes practical activities. Topics covered include:
- Understand, adjust and configure your Scuba gear
- Care and maintenance of Scuba gear
- See the latest developments on the market.
- Operation of regulators
- Get a glimpse behind the scenes at the compressor
Course Duration & Schedules
You will attend one day in the classroom at New Horizons Dive Centre from 10:00. Classroom sessions are currently scheduled on the following dates:
- March: Saturday 10th
New Horizons aims to be flexible with arranging courses to suit your schedule. Please contact us to book on to the scheduled date or to arrange an alternative to suit you.
- Instruction, including practical exercises with equipment
- PADI certification fees
- Highly recommended: Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving at special course price of £29.95